Dr Wilson retains an interest in using advanced imaging techniques to detect colon cancer early through endoscopy, the topic of her MD thesis.
She remains involved in single and multi-centre clinical trials in this area, including:
- DISCARD 2: a trial currently running and supported by the University of Durham Clinical Trials unit and the British Society of Gastroenterology Endoscopy Group section. It aims to look at how small polyps in the colon can be characterised by imaging along in routine clinical practice.
- EndoCAD: a trial run by Imperial College London looking at methods of analysing scan images to differentiate between non-cancerous polyps and pre-cancerous polyps.
Experience in peer review
Dr Ana Wilson also regularly reviews manuscripts for the following journals:
- The Lancet
- Lancet Oncology
- American Journal of Gastroenterology
- Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- European Journal of Clinical and Medical Oncology
- European Radiology
- Digestive Diseases and Sciences
- Expert Review of Gastroenterology and Hepatology